Although there are only four major wireless service providers in the United States, there are a plethora of smaller MVNOs that use The Big 4’s service to offer more affordable and contract-free cellular plans.
Some of the most well-known are Mint Mobile, Ting, and Cricket Wireless, but today I’ll be discussing one you’ve probably never heard of: US Mobile. US Mobile is a relatively new MVNO, but after a few weeks of testing, I’m inclined to say it’s one of the best.
WHAT IS US MOBILE?
US Mobile is a mobile phone service provider that offers pay-as-you-go plans with no contracts. Customers can select from talk, text, and data plans starting at $6 per line per month or customize their own plan for as little as $4 per month. You can change or cancel your plan at any time.
With the US Mobile Starter Kit, you can use your existing cell phone and phone number, or you can purchase a phone from US Mobile’s online store. US Mobile has no physical locations and does not sell its products in stores.
You can sign up for service online and contact customer service by phone or chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Plans include a 14-day risk-free trial period in which you can get a refund if you are dissatisfied with your plan.
WHAT NETWORK DOES US MOBILE USE?
US Mobile, which uses the T-Mobile network, is one of the many MVNO or prepaid options available. Unlike many other prepaid networks, US Mobile, which should not be confused with U.S. Cellular, does not provide unlimited talk time. As a result, if this is a detriment to any user, they may wish to look elsewhere.
However, if you are the type of mobile phone user who does not require unlimited calling options, one of the buckets available from US Mobile offers excellent value. When the user closely monitors their usage, the carrier rewards them.
If you are a light user, you may end up paying much less for monthly service. Users who require more talk and data may be better off switching to a different carrier.
HOW US MOBILE GOT STARTED?
Ahmed Khattak founded US Mobile in 2014. The entire concept behind US Mobile was to democratize cell phone plans by giving the user more options.
That’s why, in the beginning, US Mobile offered custom plans in which you could choose how many minutes, texts, and megabytes of data you wanted each month.
The service initially offered coverage on the T-Mobile network, but later in 2017 expanded to include plans on the Verizon network as well. US Mobile refers to their T-Mobile network as “GSM LTE,” while their Verizon network is referred to as “Super LTE.”
The popularity of US Mobile grew quickly. Inc. With revenue growth of over 3,300 percent, they were ranked 94th on Forbes’ list of the fastest growing companies in America. As a result of its growth, US Mobile was able to negotiate better rates with Verizon and T-Mobile.
HOW DOES US MOBILE WORK?
US Mobile offers prepaid cell phone service. There are no contracts; instead, customers pay in advance for 30 days of service based on the plan they select. After 30 days, you can renew your plan, change it, or cancel it.
According to US Mobile, switching from another carrier is simple. If you want to keep your phone and number, you can buy the US Mobile Starter Kit and switch to a new service in as little as two minutes (as long as you have an unlocked phone with a SIM card slot). You can also buy a phone from the US Mobile online store.
When you sign up for US Mobile service, you will be given access to a dashboard where you can manage your phone lines and track your usage. If you run out of minutes, texts, or data before your plan expires, you can purchase “Top Ups.”
Alternative Video: US Mobile Review
- Read Here: What Towers Does Mint Mobile Use? (Everything You Need To Know)
- What Towers Does Boost Mobile Use? Click Here
- How To Get Terracom Wireless Free Phone and Plans? (Detailed Guide)
WHAT ARE US MOBILE RATE PLANS LIKE?
US Mobile promotes low-cost plans for customers who need wireless coverage but want some flexibility in their monthly talk, text, and data usage.
Customers can choose from a variety of plans, customizing them as they see fit, or choose from a list of “Unlimited” options. Don’t want or require data? That’s all right.
The Unlimited Plans are as follows:
- $8/mo – Unlimited talk & text
- $12/mo – Unlimited talk, text, and 1GB data
- $15/mo – Unlimited talk, text, and 5GB data
- $20/mo – Unlimited talk, text, and 12GB data
- $25/mo – Unlimited talk, text, and 18GB data
- $30/mo – Unlimited talk, text, and 30GB data
The custom plans come with free international data.
1. Unlimited All
US Mobile has a $45 plan with unlimited talk, text, and data. To be clear, it’s at least 50GB of high-speed data, with heavier users potentially seeing slower speeds once they reach the threshold.
US Mobile provides “Perks,” which are incentives for signing up for at least three lines of service. By doing so, the account holder gains unlimited access to music, video, or another service. Audible, Spotify Family, Apple Music Family, HBO Max, and PlayStation Plus are a few examples.
To qualify, sign up for Autopay after adding at least three lines to your account with unlimited plans. Each month, verify your selected subscriptions, and US Mobile will apply a service credit equal to the subscription fee for that service. If you sign up for a fourth line of service, you’ll be able to choose another perk.
2. Plans for the Family
Customers of US Mobile can set up multi-line accounts with pooled data for as little as $9 per line for unlimited talk and text. Simply select how much data you require for the family or account, and you’re ready to go. Data is also inexpensive, with prices starting at $2 per gigabyte.
A three-line plan with 20GB of shared data, for example, costs only $68.44 per month after taxes and fees. A couple who only needs 10GB of data per month would pay $38.96 per month.
3. Mobile Phones in the United States
US Mobile has a limited selection of phones, some of which are a few years old. If possible, we also recommend using your existing T-Mobile or Verizon phone. Today’s notable devices include the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 3, One Plus 9, and Google Pixel 6.
US MOBILE BENEFITS
US Mobile’s prepaid plans are adaptable and affordable to people of all income levels. If you’re unhappy, you can leave at any time because there’s no contract, credit check, or early termination fee.
You don’t have to give up good coverage by using the T-Mobile and Verizon networks. You will receive nationwide coverage for half the price. There are unlimited data plans available from US Mobile. Although we do not believe you require unlimited data. Check out our data usage calculator to see how much you actually use.
- Same quality coverage: Because low-cost carriers operate on major US networks, you can expect the same level of service.
- Switching can save you up to $600 per year in monthly savings.
- Simple switching procedure: place your order online and you’ll be up and running in a matter of days.
- Keep your phone and number: there’s no need to upgrade to a new smartphone or change your phone number. Bring your own phone and keep your current number with no hassle switching.
- Excellent customer service: smaller mobile providers care about getting it right for their customers, and US Mobile consistently ranks first in customer reviews.
US MOBILE FEATURES
- Bring your own phone – If you don’t need the most up-to-date smartphone, bring your own and save even more money. Switching over is simple, and you can keep your current phone number.
- Mobile hotspots are available as add-ons to US Mobile’s unlimited data plans. Assisting you in staying connected to the internet while traveling.
- Wi-Fi calling – Wi-Fi calling allows you to receive and make calls and texts over Wi-Fi even if your mobile coverage is poor.
- International calling and roaming – Some plans include international roaming, and international data packs can be purchased separately. International calling is a new feature available with Super LTE network plans.
BRING YOUR OWN PHONE TO US MOBILE
US Mobile will merely issue you a prepaid SIM card. You insert it into your cell phone and follow the instructions provided by the provider. You will require an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network).
You can check to see if your phone is compatible with US Mobile before signing up, and the rest is simple. Just make sure you don’t cancel your current phone plan before porting your phone number to the new carrier.
How To Switch To US Mobile?
When you bring your own phone, switching is simple. [[Is the process the same for all carriers? ]]
- Online, you can purchase the US Mobile SIM card starter kit.
- Replace your phone’s SIM card and proceed with the activation process.
- If you want to change your phone number, it may take up to 24 hours.
- Take advantage of the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the major networks.
US Mobile has a variety of cell phone plans that not only save you money but also allow you to customize or leave if your needs change. Connecting to two major networks: Verizon and T-Mobile. You’ll get dependable nationwide 4G LTE coverage.
US Mobile consistently receives positive customer feedback and provides ease of transition whether you bring your own phone or purchase one of their latest handsets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is US Mobile a good provider?
US Mobile is a versatile and powerful wireless provider that provides highly customizable plans, fast data speeds, and competitive pricing. The phone lineup is underwhelming, but that’s okay because you can bring your own device.
US Cellular operates on what network?
U.S. Cellular’s primary network covers only a small portion of the country, compared to Verizon’s network, which covers 70% of the country. Having said that, since the U.S. Cellular partners with Verizon, and Cellular customers will benefit from some of Verizon’s coverage.
Is US Mobile slower than Verizon?
Regardless of how many lines you have on your US Mobile account, your data speeds will be slower than if you were on Verizon.