How To Unlock Straight Talk iPhone? (4 Easy Method To Try)
Many people struggle to unlock their Straight Talk iPhones because there is no perfect solution and existing methods have strict restrictions that necessitate extensive research.
The good news is that you don’t have to be an expert or have more than ten years of experience unlocking iPhones (like us). All you have to do is know what to look for.
If you have a complete iPhone IMEI Check report and know how to read it, it is very simple to identify the problem and select the appropriate unlocking method. If you want to save time, use our iPhone IMEI Unlock Check service to have an iPhone expert do it for you.
WHAT IS STRAIGHT TALK?
Straight Talk is a mobile virtual network operator that has purchased the right to use AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon towers. Because they do not own their wireless network, they make use of this right.
Straight Talk is a low-cost mobile phone service in the United States. They allow you to choose your network from one of the leading network carriers in the United States.
Who is it that wants to unlock their Straight Talk iPhone?
- Persons who purchased an iPhone straight from Straight Talk.
- Those who purchased an already used iPhone over the Internet.
It is important to note that Straight Talk iPhones are never sold unlocked; they cannot be used with other carriers, and the phones are locked for at least a year after activation. Now, if you want to switch service providers from Straight Talk, how do you unlock your Straight Talk iPhone?
ARE STRAIGHT TALK PHONES ALREADY UNLOCKED?
Straight Talk’s policy is to give new iPhones away for free to their customers. Typically, they offer older models like the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, or iPhone SE.
These iPhones, however, are sold as locked iPhones, which means you won’t be able to use them with other carriers. As a matter of policy, they will be locked for at least a year after their activation date.
At that point, you can request that your account be unlocked (but they have many restrictions in their unlock policy).
According to the complaints we’ve received, the main reason people believe Straight Talk iPhones are sold unlocked is due to false advertising for used Straight Talk iPhones by mostly unofficial sellers and Walmart.
Straight Talk iPhones are never sold unlocked. We have never encountered a case where an out-of-the-box Straight Talk iPhone was unlocked.
Alternative Video: Unlock Straight Talk iPhone XR
4 METHODS FOR UNLOCKING A STRAIGHT TALK IPHONE
In general, there are five ways to network unlock an iPhone:
- IMEI service (Recommended)
- Unlock request through the carrier
- Hardware hack like RSIM
- Unlock code
1. UNLOCK STRAIGHT TALK IPHONE WITH AN IMEI UNLOCK SERVICE
The only tried and true way to unlock a Straight Talk iPhone is through an IMEI Unlock service.
What you should know about IMEI unlocking:
- Which network is preventing your iPhone from unlocking? Because there is no one-size-fits-all service that supports all networks, you’ll need to know which network your phone is locked to in order to determine the service you require.
- If your iPhone is compatible with the services that are available. Before ordering an IMEI service, you should know if your iPhone is compatible with the IMEI Unlock services that are currently available.
- Your iPhone model number. Although the model generally only affects the IMEI Unlock price (the latest iPhone models are more expensive), some models have limitations.
- If you have a blacklisted iPhone. It is still possible to unlock a blacklisted Straight Talk iPhone, but it requires a different service, which is commonly referred to as Premium IMEI service. A simple Unlock for a blacklisted iPhone will not work, and you will not be refunded.
- The financial and contract status of your iPhone. If there is an outstanding financial balance (unpaid contract bills, pending device installment plan), or if the iPhone is still under contract, you will require a special service known as Semi-Premium IMEI Unlock. In this case, the simple Straight Talk Unlock service will not work.
- The status of Apple’s warranty. After a successful IMEI Unlock, your device can be relocked with an active Apple warranty or AppleCare+.
- If the IMEI on your iPhone has been replaced. Unlocking services can only be used with the original IMEI. In many cases, networks or Apple may modify the IMEI (hardware replacement, insurance claim). It is not possible to unlock an iPhone using a replacement IMEI.
When your iPhone was activated:
The service you require may be determined by the date the iPhone was activated with the network. If you are unsure about the status of your iPhone, you will not know which service to use or if your device meets the Straight Talk Unlock service requirements.
Straight Talk’s IMEI unlocking services are not always available. They only work for a limited time and for a limited number of IMEIs when they are online. Getting an IMEI unlock check will help you avoid selecting the wrong service and wasting time and money.
Cost of an IMEI Unlock Service:
In most cases, an IMEI unlock will cost between $50 and $200. The final cost will be determined by the condition of your device and the availability of the unlock service.
Each company charges differently, and it is very likely that you will find huge price differences between providers for the same service.
The main issue right now is that companies are offering Straight Talk IMEI Unlock services for $20 to $30, but these are only pre-orders because the service isn’t yet available.
- If the service is available, the company will charge you an additional fee to unlock the phone.
- If it is not immediately available, they will notify you that another payment will be required once the service is activated.
2. REQUEST TO UNLOCK STRAIGHT TALK IPHONE THROUGH THE CARRIER
Straight Talk, like many other carriers, allows you to request that your iPhone be unlocked through their website.
- Everyone has the ability to request a carrier unlock. Even if you’re not a Straight Talk subscriber.
- Requirements for carrier unlock: Your iPhone must meet all of the Straight Talk Unlock Policy conditions.
- Carrier unlocking costs between $0 and $10. If you are not or have never been a Straight Talk customer, there is usually a fee.
- Carrier unlock request success rate: 1% – In our ten years of experience, we have assisted over 2,000 clients in making an unlock request to Straight Talk, and only 22 iPhones have been successfully unlocked. Straight Talk’s unlock policies are extremely strict, and most requests will be denied.
Straight Talk’s Strict iPhone Unlock Policy
Attempting to unlock your iPhone via Straight Talk’s website is a simple process. Their SIM Unlock policy is the main source of contention:
- Straight Talk had to have locked the iPhone.
- They will unlock phones for current and former Straight Talk customers for free, but you will be charged if you are not a customer.
- It is not possible to blacklist the iPhone.
- There should be no unpaid financial balances.
- The iPhone must have been in service for at least a year.
- Military personnel must submit additional documentation.
3. USE SOFTWARE/APP TO UNLOCK STRAIGHT ALK IPHONE
This method has been decommissioned. Any current unlock software, not just for Straight Talk, but for any network, is a scam. It is risky to download any online Unlock Straight Talk iPhone software.
The ones that are only a few dollars will not work. The free ones are usually attempting to steal your personal information as well as your credit or debit card information. With iOS 6.1.6, this method was used to unlock iPhone models up to the iPhone 4s.
Because no device today has that old a software version, all software unlock methods (Ultrasn0w & Cydia) no longer work. Be wary of websites that still recommend this method, and avoid using any iPhone unlock software.
4. USE UNLOCK CODE TO UNLOCK STRAIGHT TALK IPHONE
Many, if not all, networks, including Straight Talk, use this method to provide SIM Unlock (free or for a small fee) as long as the phone meets all of the unlock policy’s requirements.
Third-party services have also gained access to these codes or discovered a way to generate them for themselves by imitating the algorithm used by each network.
The unlock code method, on the other hand, is ONLY for ANDROID phones. The problem is that many companies sell them for between $10 and $60 for iPhones. Despite the fact that they will not work on iPhones, no company will refund your money. Avoid using any iPhone Unlock code solutions.
WHICH METHOD SHOULD I USE TO UNLOCK MY STRAIGHT TALK IPHONE?
Only two of the five Straight Talk Unlock options listed above are likely to work. So here’s what we suggest:
- To begin, go to Straight Talk’s website and request a SIM unlock. They will almost certainly refuse, but you have nothing to lose.
- Then, try an IMEI Unlock service, but first, see if your Straight Talk iPhone is eligible for one.
Make sure the device is eligible before selecting an IMEI Straight Talk iPhone Unlock online supplier by verifying:
- A device’s exact IMEI status
- If your iPhone is compatible with the IMEI Network Unlock service, you can proceed.
- If the service is currently offered,
- That you are receiving the correct service at the correct price, rather than a pre-order
- That if something goes wrong, you can get your money back.
With an iPhone IMEI Unlock Check, you can easily accomplish all of the above. After all, this is what every IMEI Unlock provider does before submitting your IMEI number to a server.
After providing you with an instant and accurate IMEI Check report, iPhone Unlock experts will thoroughly investigate your case and provide you with all available and guaranteed unlock solutions.
With iPhoneUnlock.Zone, you can be confident that their recommended service will unlock your phone or your money will be refunded. The same is true for any iPhone, regardless of which network has locked it or what other issues it may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the code to unlock a Straight Talk phone?
Getting an Unlock Code Contact Straight Talk. Contact customer service at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) between 8:00 a.m. and 11:45 p.m., seven days a week. If you did not purchase your phone from Straight Talk, it is most likely already unlocked, and no code is required.
Is it possible to unlock a Straight Talk phone yourself?
Turn your phone off and remove the Straight Talk SIM card. Insert the SIM card from the new carrier into the slot and turn on the phone. You will be notified that the phone must first be unlocked before you can use the new SIM card. Enter the code you received from Straight Talk and press the unlock button.
Who can unlock my iPhone?
Only your carrier will be able to unlock your iPhone. Request an unlock from your carrier. Your account may be required to meet certain requirements before it can be unlocked.