How To Get Verizon Fios Teacher Discount And Benefits? (Easy Detailed Guide)
Verizon Fios provides a monthly teacher discount on home internet service to qualified teachers. They provide discounts on a variety of plans.
New Fios customers can save $5 per month on the 200 Mbps plan, $10 on the 400 Mbps plan, and $15 on the Gigabit Connection plan. Furthermore, for new Fios customers who complete their home internet order online, the $99 setup fee is waived.
Existing Fios customers who have an eligible plan or want to switch to an eligible plan can receive a $5 monthly discount on 200 Mbps or less, a $10 monthly discount on 300 Mbps or 400 Mbps, or a $15 monthly discount on 500 Mbps or Gigabit connections.
You can only upgrade your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection. You are also eligible for the associated discount if you already have any of the above-mentioned plans.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR VERIZON FIOS TEACHER’S DISCOUNT?
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount:
- You must be a teacher who is currently employed (a kindergarten teacher to a 12th-grade teacher or a post-secondary instructor).
- To be eligible for the discount, you must apply online at Verizon’s official teachers discount page.
- You must validate your current teaching position as part of the discount registration process. Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York teachers may also be required to provide a teaching certificate.
- You must re-validate your teaching position once a year.
- You must also have an eligible home internet plan.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR VERIZON FIOS TEACHER’S DISCOUNT?
Signing up for the Verizon Fios home internet teacher discount is quick and easy, and can be done in just a few steps.
- To begin, navigate to Verizon’s dedicated page for teachers.
- There, you must use the ID.me verification tool to confirm your eligibility for the discount on Verizon’s official website. If you don’t already have an ID.me account, you’ll need to go through a quick registration process. You may be asked to provide your Social Security Number, certification number, or other employment confirmation during the verification process.
- You can sign in to your Fios account once the verification process is complete and it has been determined that you are eligible for the discount.
- Then, go to your ‘My plan’ page and follow the instructions to select a plan or switch to an eligible plan. Plans that are eligible include the 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, and Gigabit Connection plans. You will be able to see your discount there.
In the Other Verizon discounts for teachers chapter, learn how to sign up for the Verizon Teachers unlimited plan discount.
- Read Here: What Towers Does Mint Mobile Use? (Everything You Need To Know)
- What Towers Does Boost Mobile Use? Click Here
- How To Get Terracom Wireless Free Phone and Plans? (Detailed Guide)
WHAT TYPE OF TEACHER DISCOUNT CAN I GET AFTER QUALIFYING?
Current teachers can get two types of discounts from Verizon: the Verizon Fios Home Internets Teachers Discount and the Teachers Unlimited Plan Discount.
Verizon Fios Home Internet Teachers Discount Offers:
For new Fios customers:
- A $5 monthly discount is available on the 200 Mbps plan.
- A monthly discount of $10 on the 400 Mbps plan
- A monthly savings of $15 on the Gigabit Connection plan.
- The $99 setup fee is waived after completing the home internet order online.
Existing Fios customers who have an eligible plan or plan to switch to an eligible plan:
- A $5 monthly savings on speeds of 200 Mbps or less.
- A $10 monthly savings on 300 Mbps or 400 Mbps service.
- A monthly savings of $15 on a 500 Mbps or Gigabit connection
It’s worth noting that you can only upgrade your plan to 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection. You are also eligible for the associated discount if you already have any of the above-mentioned plans.
Verizon Teachers Unlimited Plan Discount
Verizon Teachers Unlimited Plan Discount provides eligible teachers with a Verizon account and at least one phone (smart or regular) on one or more Verizon plans to mix and match a monthly discount on one of the Verizon plans listed below.
Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Just Kids (which requires a parent line with an unlimited data plan), Above Unlimited, Go Unlimited, and Beyond Unlimited are all eligible for the discount.
The last two plans purchased before 6/17/18 cannot be combined and are not eligible for the discount. The amount of the discount is determined by the number of phones on qualifying unlimited plans.
- You can get a $10 monthly discount per account if you only have one phone.
- You can get a $25 monthly discount per account if you have 2-3 phones.
- There is no additional discount for 4 or more phones beyond the already applied discount per line price.
WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THE VERIZON FIOS TEACHER DISCOUNT?
To receive the discount, you may be required to upload and provide documentation proving your employment and eligibility for the discount. Make sure to follow the instructions below when doing so.
- Make sure your proof of employment or affiliation is less than 60 days old.
- Remove sensitive personal information such as your banking information, salary, tax amounts, Social Security Number, Employee ID number, and so on.
- You can use the camera on your device to take a photo of the proof of employment or affiliation that you may need to upload. The image file must be clear and no larger than 5 MB. It can be in the form of a JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, or TIF file.
- Make certain that your name, company name, and date are legible on the photo you intend to upload. You can also upload an electronic direct deposit slip if you don’t have a physical paystub.
- Remember that the procedure is secure, and Verizon will only use this information to validate your employment or affiliation status.
WHAT TO DO IF I DO NOT QUALIFY FOR VERIZON FIOS TEACHER DISCOUNT?
Don’t give up if you aren’t eligible for the teacher’s discount. Verizon also provides discounts to a variety of other professions and individuals. Check to see if you are eligible for any of the other discounts. You may also be eligible for the following additional discounts:
- The Verizon Connections discount is available. Employees of specific companies, as well as residents of specific school districts, counties, and states, are eligible.
- First responders, military personnel, and nurses are all eligible for Those Who Serve discounts.
Keep in mind that each account can only receive one teacher, first responder, military, or nurses discount. Furthermore, a Those Who Serve discount cannot be combined with an Ultimate Employee or Verizon Connections discount.
WHAT OTHER COMPANY OFFERS A DISCOUNT FOR TEACHERS?
Aside from Verizon, there are a few other companies that provide discounts to teachers.
AT&T, another of the ‘big three’ carrier companies (Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile), will offer discounts to nurses, physicians, and teachers beginning July 10, 2020.
AT&T postpaid offers a 25% discount on AT&T Unlimited Starter, AT&T Unlimited Extra, or AT&T Unlimited Elite plans for eligible teachers, nurses, physicians, first responders, military, veterans (the last three groups have previously benefited from this option), and their families. For $26.25 per month, teachers (both new and existing customers) can get an unlimited data plan.
You can find out if you qualify for the AT&T teachers discount by entering your school and email address on their Signature Program page. On their dedicated teacher’s page, you can sign up for the discount. Most currently employed teachers, including kindergarten through postsecondary teachers, professors, and instructors, should be eligible, but the exact discounts vary by school.
2. Spectrum Internet Assist Program
This program provides discounts to students, teachers, and low-income households. They offer a free modem as well as a 30 Mbps internet plan with no contract or data caps.
3. CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Grant
CenturyLink offers a Teachers and Technology Grant of up to $5000 to provide full-time teachers with a home or workplace internet connection. This grant is only available in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
4. Comcast Internet Essentials
This program provides a home internet plan with a speed of 25 Mbps for only $9.95 per month. Furthermore, they provide discounts on laptops, desktop computers, internet service, and Microsoft Office to both students and teachers.
5. Cox Connect2Compete
Instead of teachers, this program promotes education. For families who receive government assistance and have at least one school-age child, they offer a basic 10 Mbps internet plan for only $29.99 per month.
All of these programs offer substantial savings. Make sure to check the websites or contact them to see if you are eligible.
WHAT TO DO IF I AM NOT A VERIZON FIOS CUSTOMER YET?
If you do not yet have a Verizon Fios account, you can get one by following a simple and quick process. First, go to Verizon’s official teacher website. To begin, go to Fios and select ‘Check Eligibility.’
After confirming that you are currently employed as a teacher, select ‘New to Verizon’ to purchase a new device and select a monthly plan. If you don’t want to buy a new device, you can bring your own. To be eligible for the teacher’s discount, you must choose one of the following plans: 200 Mbps, 400 Mbps, or Gigabit Connection.
After reading the detailed content about Verizon Fios Teacher discount plans, you should have a good idea of what services are covered under the umbrella of this plan. Verizon places a high value on teachers and other employers who serve the public.
Verizon begins the dedicated page with the title “Teachers Deserve Our Best” and describes the service in general terms. On the Start Unlimited plan, teachers and their families can get Unlimited for as little as $30 per line (personal lines only) with a maximum of four lines, including taxes and fees with the Auto Pay option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get your Verizon Fios bill reduced?
If you’re willing to set up Fios autopay, you can save $5-10 per month. Many Verizon Fios plans include contracts. If you sign up for a one-year or two-year contract, you can also get a $20-$40 discount on your plan.
Does Verizon FIOS offer student discount?
Yes, there is a student discount on Verizon Fios. Their student discount operates differently than most because it is granted on a school-by-school basis. This means that one major university may offer a discount ranging from 10% to 20% off, whereas another will not offer any discount at all.
Is Verizon giving discounts to nurses and teachers?
Unlike AT&T, Verizon will let nurses and teachers apply the discount to existing family or personal plans. The offer is also available to new subscribers, with the wireless discount valid on both Verizon’s most recent unlimited plans and earlier unlimited plans.