How Can You Switch A Verizon Contract Phone To Prepaid? Is it possible to convert a Verizon contract phone to a prepaid phone? Yes, you can switch from a contract phone to a prepaid phone. But the real question is why you want to make the switch. The first reason is to reduce monthly data costs.
If you’re a single user with a contract phone, you know how expensive it can be. As a result, it is more convenient for you to pay less while maintaining the same data limit as contract phone plans. You can also tailor your plan to your specific needs. This means that some people require more data limits while others require fewer voice and text limits.
Some people may use very little data per month but require a lot of talk time and texting. That is why prepaid plans are ideal for anyone who does not want to spend a lot of money or wait for a contract to expire before switching to better plans. In this article, we’ll try to figure out.
GUIDE TO PERFORM THE SWITCHING A VERIZON CONTRACT PHONE TO PREPAID
The only fee for switching is an early termination fee, which you must pay to your current carrier in addition to the monthly due payment.
On the other hand, some carriers may charge you when you switch to their network, whereas the majority do not. Some will even cover some of your previous fees if certain conditions are met. So, here’s a step-by-step guide to switching from a contract phone to a prepaid phone.
- The first step is to contact your carrier and request that your current contract be terminated. If your contract is about to expire, you can wait a few days and then decline to renew.
- The second step is to pay all of the required fees and due payments specified in your contract.
- Then, requesting that your carrier unlock your phone is critical, as you will be unable to switch and use your existing phone unless your carrier unlocks it. If you pay all of your bills, you’ll be able to complete this step in minutes with no complications.
- When you switch, you can get free phone deals or discounts if you have an unlocked phone in good condition. As a result, you can also title this article “how to switch phone carriers without paying.”
- Now, go to your preferred carrier’s website and order a prepaid SIM kit for your phone. You can trade in your phone and receive a discount on a new phone.
- Insert the SIM card into the new phone and activate it once you have the phone and SIM card in your hands. You can do the activation yourself online for free or have your carrier do it for you for a small activation fee.
- Finally, choose a Verizon cell phone plan that best suits your needs and saves you money over contract plans.
That should answer your question about whether or not you can switch to Verizon prepaid and how to do so. Now, let’s look at the benefits and drawbacks of both contract phones and prepaid phones.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF VERIZON CONTRACT PHONES
Is it possible to use a Verizon contract phone for prepaid service? Yes! A Verizon contract phone can be used for prepaid. Typically, they must first conduct research on the best phones that work with their carrier.
Contract phone plans are the highest priority connections for any carrier. They are more expensive, but they provide numerous benefits. So, let’s go over all of the benefits and drawbacks of contract phones.
- The first advantage of having a contract phone is that you will be your carrier’s highest priority customer. As a result, they will always expose you to their high-quality customer service. The reason for this is that it will prompt you to consider renewing your contract when the current one expires.
- With regard to the first point, here is the advantage of having a top priority connection facility during network congestion. When there is a lot of traffic in your area, your carrier will handle your data first, followed by the prepaid plans. It’s ideal for business people who require continuous service at full speed.
- Another significant advantage of contract phone service is that you can support all of your family members under a single plan. Prepaid plans are expensive, but multiple lines in a family account can save you money. The additional benefits are a plus for those who have a family plan.
Alternative Video: Switch A Verizon Contract Phone To Prepaid
- Read Here: What Towers Does Mint Mobile Use? (Everything You Need To Know)
- What Towers Does Boost Mobile Use? Click Here
- How To Get Terracom Wireless Free Phone and Plans? (Detailed Guide)
- As we discussed, you can expect all of those amazing benefits to be accompanied by an expensive data and voice plan. There’s no denying that data plans are significantly more expensive than prepaid plans.
- Your flexibility will be reduced as a result of contracts. This means you won’t be able to switch plans easily and without incurring fees. Fees will be charged at every stage of the contract phone plans. As a result, not only will the cost of data or voice be higher, but you will also have to spend more on the various charges.
- Another significant disadvantage of contract phones is that you are limited to a small pool of eligible smartphones from your carrier. When you like a phone but discover that it is not compatible or allowed by your carrier, it can be frustrating.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PREPAID PHONES OR PLANS
Prepaid phone plans, on the other hand, are far superior in terms of cost and package customization.
However, you will have to sacrifice your connection’s priority to the contract phones and expect to be denied premium customer care service. In this section, we’ll look at the benefits and drawbacks of prepaid plans.
- The primary disadvantage of having a contract phone is the primary benefit of having prepaid phones or plans.
- Furthermore, with prepaid plans, you will have the greatest amount of flexibility. If you have an unlocked smartphone that is compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks, you can travel to any part of the world and use the best service provider’s SIM card there.
- If you own a small business and cannot afford to pay the premium price, prepaid plans will be extremely beneficial to you.
- Contract phone plans are a no-go if you are uncomfortable using any service or purchasing anything on credit. Prepaid plans are the only way to avoid credit card debt.
- We boasted about the phone’s versatility, but the flip side is that you’ll have to pay full retail price for those unlocked smartphones.
- Every carrier’s second-highest priority is always prepaid plan users. As a result, during network congestion, your data speed may be reduced while contract phone users enjoy full speed.
- Along with the previous disadvantage, you will receive lower-priority customer service from those carriers. So, if you contact customer service on a busy day with contract phone users, you may not get a quick response, even if the problem is serious and requires immediate attention.
- Other lifestyle benefits are available to certain contract phone customers that are not available to prepaid phone users. This includes some special access or discounts on food or other consumer goods.
SOME ATTRACTIVE SWITCHING DEALS FROM VERIZON
There are numerous offers that include free phones in exchange for switching. Other carriers offer Verizon deals for switching, Sprint deals for switching, and more.
1. Switching offer of $750
When you switch to Verizon, you can save up to $750 on various smartphones and other products. All you have to do is keep your old number by porting it into Verizon, get a new phone line, and apply for the devices that qualify for this discount offer. The discounted amount will be paid in monthly credit, which will be added to your account in 24 equal monthly installments.
2. Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug Switching Deal
This is a limited-time offer that includes an Echo Dot and an Amazon Smart Plug for free if you meet certain requirements. With an eligible and selected trade-in, a purchase of up to $1600, a new phone line, and port-in, you can get a maximum of $700 or $750 off those two incredible devices. Get the offer before it expires.
3. Switching iPhones for $500
When you switch to Verizon, you can save $700 on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. It is necessary to port in, get a new phone line, and make a specific trade-in.
4. Free LG Phone Switching Deal
Verizon offers the LG V50 ThinQ when you switch to the carrier by porting in, purchasing a new phone plan, and trading in the selected model good condition phones. With all of those requirements met, you can get the best deal on smartphones and get this phone for free.
HOW DO I SWITCH MY VERIZON PHONE TO PREPAID?
Switching to a Verizon prepaid phone is simple and requires only a few steps: turn on the new prepaid phone and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up as new. Alternatively, you can transfer your current Verizon device’s number and plan.
We’ll email you a prepaid return kit with instructions on how to send your old phone back as soon as you’ve activated your phone. It’s really that simple!
When your new phone is activated, you’ll receive an email with a prepaid return kit. Use the provided return kit because it contains all of the materials required for safe and secure recycling. If you received more than one prepaid return kit, recycle each device separately.
Simply place your old phone in the secure bag included with your prepaid return kit, seal it, and follow the instructions to have it returned for free. Don’t worry about what’s left on your old phone because your data is erased before you ship it back.
So you realize that switching between contract and prepaid plans isn’t difficult. There was a time when switching to Verizon prepaid could cost you a lot of money, time, and be a difficult process. But that is no longer the case. A group of people can benefit from both contract and prepaid phone plans.
Here is our final recommendation for various use cases. If you own a business or have a family and need to support multiple users at the same time, contract phone plans are the way to go. Purchasing packages with multiple lines can save you a lot of money while also providing you with the best service from your carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change from Verizon plan to prepaid?
You can change your prepaid plan in My Verizon at any time. Notes: If you don’t already have an eligible device, you can buy a compatible prepaid phone and plan online or at a Verizon store. When you change your monthly prepaid plan, you will not be able to carry over minutes or data allowances.
What is the purpose of the $30 Verizon prepaid card?
The prepaid card deposits money into your account and applies it to the plan you’ve chosen. You must first select an unlimited Verizon plan, and then the card deposits funds into your account.
Can any phone be a prepaid phone?
Yes, you can use a prepaid GSM service with a GSM unlocked phone like the Samsung Galaxy S II; simply insert the activated prepaid SIM card and you should be able to make and receive calls.