Misfortune can strike anyone at any time, so losing your cell phone should not stress you out. There are steps for the lost Verizon wireless phone that will assist you in recovering your cell phone or replacing it if it completely vanishes.
More information is available in the My Verizon app, or you can visit Total Mobile Protection to learn what steps to take if your device has been stolen, lost, or damaged. However, if you lose your device, Digital Secure is a great tool to have.
This app is available to Android and iOS smartphone users who have Verizon Total Mobile Protection. Finding your device may take several hours, so you may need to secure your personal information in the meantime. As a result, digital security allows you to remotely lock the phone or delete data.
If your Verizon cell phone is stolen, lost, damaged, or malfunctions, you may be eligible for a replacement if you have registered for device protection. If you need a Verizon phone replacement, your plan may include repair, replacement, and technical support for your device.
The policy covers issues not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, such as theft, loss, or physical damage. Furthermore, it may handle specific defects after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY VERIZON PHONE GETS STOLEN OR LOST?
Every year, approximately 20 million phones are lost or stolen, according to statistics. Traveling, new environments, distractions, and constant device use, on the other hand, may put you at greater risk of theft, misplacing, or losing your phone. If you’re missing your device, try the following right away:
1. CONTACT VERIZON
To cancel service and report a lost or stolen device, log in to My Verizon or call (800) 922-0204. To clear your device of any confidential information, you can use anti-theft software such as Verizon Mobile Security.
2. CALL YOUR DEVICE
You can call your phone number using a borrowed device or a computer. It’s possible that you’ve left it somewhere, or that it’s deep within your bags/pockets. You’ll either hear it ring or someone who came across it will answer.
3. PUT YOUR DEVICE IN LOST MODE
You can remotely lock your device with a passcode and display custom text on the lock screen. That message could explain that your phone has been misplaced and include a contact number or location. Fortunately, the lost mode may also prevent the devices from making third-party mobile payments.
4. USE A FIND-MY-PHONE FEATURE
This feature either plays a sound from your phone or locates it on a map; however, if your device is in Airplane mode or turned off, this method will not work.
5. FILE A POLICE REPORT
Your Verizon lost phone could be used in fraudulent or criminal activity, and you could become a victim. As a result, it’s critical to report the incident to the police, and if you suspect a thief stole your phone, don’t try to track the person down; instead, involve the authorities, even if you can track the location.
6. FILE A CLAIM
Finally, if you have a Verizon insurance program, such as Total Mobile Protection or Verizon Protect, you can file a claim with Asurion or call their customer service at (888) 881-2622.
WHAT OFFER ON CELL PHONE DEALSDOES VERIZON HAVE?
There are numerous solid discounts on the most recent cell phones for current and new customers, as well as anyone looking to switch and activate Verizon phones. Among the offers are the following:
1. TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS
Verizon has some great phone deals, but the best one is its trade-in program . When you trade in a high-value (newer and more expensive) device, Verizon will give you up to $700 off. However, if you trade in a low-cost handset, you will receive a price reduction on your new device.
If you are a current Verizon customer, you will appreciate the ability to upgrade. This option provides you with a number of substantial discounts on a variety of devices, ranging from limited to unlimited plans. However, Verizon does not always offer this type of discount, so it’s best to double-check when you upgrade.
3. FREE PHONES
For less expensive devices such as the iPhone SE or Moto G Stylus, you can often get the phone for free. You can sign up for an unlimited plan, and the deal’s “free” offer is in the form of monthly rebates. However, this is an excellent promotion for customers looking to purchase a low-cost handset.
- How Do I Activate Simple Mobile SIM and Phone? 3 Easy Steps
- How To Get Terracom Wireless Free Phone and Plans? (Detailed Guide)
- How To Unlock Straight Talk iPhone? View Here
WHAT REPLACEMENT OPTIONS DO I HAVE FOR LOST VERIZON WIRELESS PHONE?
There are several options for replacing your cell phone or other electronic device. You can select the problem you’re having to see your options, which include:
- A harmed device with water damage and a cracked screen.
- Device has been lost or stolen.
- A manufacturing flaw in a device, such as a mechanical or electrical fault.
1. DAMAGED DEVICE
This option is available if your device has physical damage, such as a cracked screen or water damage. Your replacement options, however, are dependent on whether or not you have device protection.
If you’re registered in one of these device protection options, you can file a claim on Asurion’s website. Wireless Phone Protection, Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile Protect Multi-Device, and Total Equipment Coverage are among the options.
2. LOST OR STOLEN DEVICE
If your device is lost or stolen, follow these steps:
- Try to find your device.
- If you are unable to obtain your device, cancel your service to prevent unauthorized use.
- Replace your phone in one of the following ways:
If you have one of the following device protection options, you can submit a claim through Asurion’s website:
- Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile Protect Multi-Device / Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile
- Total Equipment Coverage combines the advantages of Asurion Wireless Phone Protection and Verizon Extended Warranty into a single package.
- Wireless Phone Security
3. MANUFACTURING DEFECT
A manufacturing flaw is something that is wrong with the device itself, such as a mechanical or electrical malfunction. It does not cover physical damage caused by outside forces such as water damage, cracked screens, and so on.
Your replacement options, however, are determined by how long you have owned the device and whether or not you have device protection.
- The device will be replaced if it is less than a year old.
- If the device is returned within 30 days of purchase, it will be replaced with a new one.
- After 31 days, the device will be replaced with a Certified Like-New Replacement of the same or comparable quality.
Specifically, if you have an Extended Warranty, you will receive expedited shipping. There is no repair fee, and the replacement fee is $49, depending on the time of claim and the type of device.
4. OVER 1 YEAR SINCE PURCHASE
If you have Verizon Mobile Protect / Verizon Mobile, Protect Multi-Device, Total Equipment Coverage, or Extended Warranty, your device will be repaired or replaced with a Certified Like-New Replacement if you have registered for one of the provided device protection options.
However, a similar make and model of Verizon compatible phones will be offered, but the exact color and features of your replacement device cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, there are no charges for Extended Warranty repairs, but the replacement fee is $49, depending on the time of claim and the type of device.
HOW TO FIND A LOST VERIZON PHONE?
If you misplace your Verizon phone, you can:
- Use the iPhone’s built-in locator app to track it down.
- To locate your Android phone, use Find My Device.
- For assistance, contact Verizon’s customer service department.
1. LOCATING A LOST IPHONE FROM VERIZON VIA FIND MY
iOS users can use Apple’s Find My app to locate their devices on a map. The feature works with all Apple products, from AirPods to the Apple Watch.
If you want to use the app to find your misplaced iPhone, follow these steps:
- Start Safari or your preferred web browser.
- Sign in to Find My iPhone using your iCloud account.
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID.
- Locate your device on the map (it will be marked with a red dot).
It’s worth noting that if you disable the Location Services feature, your iPhone will not appear on the map.
If you believe your phone is still nearby, you can use the Find My app to play a sound from the device. Rather than fumbling around, you’ll be able to locate your misplaced Verizon phone by following the signal. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to iCloud and sign in to Find My iPhone
- Open All Devices and then click on your iPhone
- Select Play Sound
The sound will play for about two minutes, gradually increasing in volume. Keep in mind that if your phone isn’t connected to the internet, you won’t be able to use the feature.
HOW TO TRACK AN ANDROID PHONE?
All Android phones, whether from Samsung or OnePlus, include a Find My Device feature. You can use it to track down your misplaced Verizon phone by following these steps:
- Log in with your Google account.
- Choose your phone from the list of devices associated with your user profile.
- To locate your phone, use the map. Please keep in mind that the location is only a rough estimate.
- For five minutes, play a sound from your phone at full volume. It makes no difference if the device is offline in this case.
You won’t be able to use the Find My Device feature if:
- The phone has been disconnected or turned off.
- You haven’t logged in to your Google account.
- The Find My Device app is not activated.
- The address isn’t on the list.
WHAT IS A DEVICE UPGRADE?
An upgrade is the purchase of a mobile device through Verizon to replace a cell phone that is already on your account and using a line. You can, however, get a Verizon free phone upgrade or upgrade by purchasing a new or certified pre-owned device, paying the full price, or using device payments.
You can also get a device replacement on your account if you have an existing cell phone. If your account is active and you purchased the device you want to replace, you can upgrade it:
- You can upgrade your cellphone at any time if you pay the retail price.
- You have completed your device payment agreement.
- With a device payment agreement, you can upgrade when any of the following conditions are met:
- You begin an early upgrade.
- You received a discount on your device in exchange for signing a two-year contract, and that contract has expired.
Verizon, on the other hand, charges a one-time $35 fee for each device activated or upgraded on the Verizon network. Because each device is set up individually, this fee applies regardless of device type.
The activation fee is a one-time charge for establishing a new line of service on the Verizon network. It also includes situations where you bring your own device (BYOD). Furthermore, the upgrade fee is a one-time charge for switching to a new device on the Verizon network.
This fee is refunded if the mobile phone is returned within 30 days of purchase. Learn more about porting in and transferring your number to Verizon Wireless by visiting change my phone number to Verizon.
DOES VERIZON INSURANCE COVER LOST PHONES?
You can file a Verizon lost phone claim if your device is insured by Verizon or their partner Asurion. To submit the form, use the My Verizon app.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the procedure:
- Launch the Verizon app and, in the upper-left corner of the screen, select Menu.
- Devices to Consider
- Locate your phone in the list and select Manage device.
- Select the option to file a claim.
- Provide the necessary information for Verizon lost phone insurance (e.g., the PIN for your Verizon account)
As previously discussed, there are several approaches you can take to locate your Verizon Wireless lost phone. If you can’t find it, you can contact the carrier and ask for a replacement. Verizon Wireless warrants your device for one year from the date of original retail purchase against defects.
The Verizon Wireless warranty, on the other hand, covers normal wear and tear as well as damage from accidents or abuse. As a result, if you lose your cell phone, you must have a device protection plan in order to get a replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I report a stolen phone to Verizon?
Sign in to your Google account at android.com/find. Select the missing phone from your device list. The phone will be notified that it has been misplaced.
Can Verizon shut down a stolen phone?
If you lose or steal your device, you can temporarily suspend your line of service for up to 30 days to prevent unauthorized usage and charges on your account.
How do I lock my stolen Verizon phone?
Sign in to the Find My Device page (https://android.google.com/android/find). A new lock screen password must be set after remotely locking the device. Enter and confirm your new password.