Tracfone Wireless is one of the Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) in the United States that offers both prepaid service and a variety of branded smartphones that can be used with their service. Prepaid cell phones, Pay as You Go airtime, and no-contract monthly plans, among other things, are available at the company.
Today, we’ll look at the TracFone Emergency Broadband Benefit and how to apply for it. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a federal government initiative that aims to assist families affected by the Covid 19 in gaining access to broadband services for communication purposes.
When Covid’19 arrived in the world, many people were left jobless and unable to afford communication services due to low income. As a result, the US government devised a program to assist those who cannot afford the service.
HOW DO I JOIN TRACFONE WIRELESS?
If you are a new phone service user or want to switch to TracFone Wireless services, you can rest assured that the process is simple. To get started, go to the Tracfone Wireless website. The My Account App must be downloaded, and standard data rates may apply.
You must also activate your phone service, which requires a SIM kit and a TracFone compatible phone to get started. TracFone works with all major carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, and you can be confident that any phone that works with any of the networks will work with TracFone.
During registration, you must enter the device’s serial number, phone number, or SIM number (s). When your phone starts using the service, you’ll need to transfer your contacts from your old phone to the new one. If you have a Google or iCloud account, you can log in with the new device and all of your contacts, photos, and videos will be synced.
When you join, you will receive a variety of benefits that will allow you to save significantly on your monthly mobile plans. All that is required is to enter one’s phone number to be eligible for a bonus-point prize as well as exclusive access to free perks.
Each month, you will also be given numerous opportunities to earn points. As a customer, you will also be able to take advantage of the member’s favorite local discounts, which will allow you to save money on your shopping, entertainment, dining, and other daily activities. There are three ways to sign up for the program. Among them are the following.
- Text “Rewards” to 611611
- Load TracFone.com/rewards, or
- Call 1-800-867-7183
The TracFone Wireless rewards program is one of the best TracFone deals available when you sign up for the service.
WHAT IS THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a United States government initiative funded by the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021. This law focuses on creating a $3.2 billion connectivity fund to assist citizens in mitigating the negative effects of the pandemic.
It is being led by the Federal Communications Commission and aims to assist eligible American families in remaining connected during the COVID-19 situation. Under the EBB program, low-income families can receive monthly internet service discounts of up to $50.
If a household member is enrolled in one of the tribal-specific programs, this deduction can be increased to $75 per month. When you buy a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet, you will receive a $100 one-time discount.
Please keep in mind that the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program offers are only available to one person per household. They must comply with or fall under the specific qualifications set by the service provider of their choice, in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s guidelines.
WHAT DOES THE EBB PROGRAM CONTAIN?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides eligible households with a broadband discount of up to $50 per month for broadband service. In addition, the service provides up to $75 per month to households located on qualifying tribal lands.
Furthermore, each eligible household can receive a one-time discount of up to $100 when purchasing a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet from a participating service provider. As a result, if they contribute more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price, they can easily obtain an EBB free tablet to use for a variety of purposes.
It is important to note that the Emergency Broadband Benefit is only valid for one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. The service cannot be used by two people in the same household. Others will have to benefit from the beneficiary’s service.
Alternative Video: Emergency Broadband Benefit Explained
- Read: The 10 Best Virgin Mobile Flip Phones That Is Worth Your Money!
- How To Work Triple Minutes With TracFone? See Here
- What Network Towers Does Cricket Use? (Detailed Guide)
DOES TRACFONE PARTICIPATE IN EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
Tracfone is the nation’s leading prepaid wireless provider, best known for its low-cost cell phone plans. They also provide the Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit, which provides qualified customers with access to a variety of job and educational opportunities, healthcare services, and global connectivity.
HOW DOES TRACFONE WORK WITH THE EBB PROGRAM?
Tracfone offers a one-time discount when purchasing a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer through the government’s Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. They also provide monthly discounts on prepaid services to customers and receive direct government compensation.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF I AM QUALIFIED FOR THE TRACFONE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT?
If you are eligible for the Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit, you will be able to use the following services:
- A $50 monthly discount on broadband services is available.
- Internet prices for Tribal-specific households have been reduced by $75.
- Purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet and receive a one-time discount of up to $100.
- Customers who pay more than $10 but less than $50 toward the original price will receive a free EBB tablet.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE TRACFONE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
Before delving into the EBB program’s eligibility requirements, keep in mind that only one person per household is eligible to apply for its benefits. There is only one exception to this rule: if multiple households live at the same address. Two families can benefit from EBB services if they can demonstrate that they are separate households living in the same house.
When applying to any service prepaid provider’s EBB services, there is a general list of criteria to consider. Some carriers, however, provide an additional Covid-19 relief package that includes additional qualification rules. Here are some of the qualifications that must be met in order to be considered for the Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit Program:
- You are eligible for the EBBP if your family’s total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If you or a family member received a Federal Pell Grant this year, which is financial aid for undergraduate students that does not have to be returned.
- If any household member receives Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, Public Housing Assistance, or is a Veteran and Survivors Pension program associate.
- Meets the requirements for one of the FCC-approved service providers providing pandemic assistance or low-income services.
- Significant income losses as a result of being fired or laid off from employment positions since February 29, 2020, AND a gross household income of $99,000 or less for single taxpayers or $198,000 for a couple or married joint filers.
- If you or a family member is eligible for free or reduced academic breakfast/lunch services under the USDA Community Eligibility Provision from 2019 to 2020 and 2020 to 2021.
There are additional requirements for interested applicants in certain states that cater to Tribal programs, such as those in:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is administered at the tribal level.
- Indian Reservation Food Distribution Program
- Get a Head Start (only for the members with income qualifying standards)
- General Assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs
Furthermore, if you or a family member is a Lifeline recipient, you are completely eligible to apply for Tracfone’s EBB benefits.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED WHEN I APPLY FOR TRACFONE EBB PROGRAM?
When applying for Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit services, various documents and requirements are required. They differ depending on which criteria your household falls under. Here are the details:
- Income proof documentation, such as tax returns, is required for households with total revenue of 135 percent or less based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If you have been fired or laid off from your job, please provide a copy of your termination letter, dissolution documents, or any proof of your unemployment notice. Attach any tax return documents that show your finances, as well as any papers containing your total income.
- A document proving membership is required for those receiving Federal Assistance programs such as Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, Public Housing Assistance, or an associate of the Veterans and Survivors Pension program.
- There is no need for additional documentation if your household member is a member of the FCC’s Lifeline Service. Another support initiative aimed at making communications and connections more affordable is the Lifeline Program. Being a part of this program automatically qualifies you to apply as an EBB beneficiary.
- Emancipated minors must be at least eighteen years old and provide proof of emancipation in the form of court documents or certifications.
- Recipients of Tribal Specific Programs (such as Tribal Head Start, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, Tribally-administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance) must only present member IDs or other proof of membership, such as letters.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
When applying for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, the FCC offers three options.
- Contact a partner EBB service provider and apply directly to the application site.
- GetEmergencyBroadband.org has an online application as well as a list of nearby partner providers.
- Contact 833-511-0311 for a mail application and print a copy of the application, which you will then return with your documentation proof.
To use the Tracfone Emergency Broadband Program, fill out the form, beginning with your zip code, mobile number, and email address.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
If you fall into any of the following categories, you are eligible for the Tracfone Emergency Broadband program:
- Have a household income of 135 percent or less, according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Recipient of Lifeline benefits or any government-affiliated services involved in low-income or COVID-19 assistance.
- Member of an EBB-supported program, such as SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, or Public Housing Assistance, or a Veteran and Survivors Pension program beneficiary.
- In the current fiscal year, recipients of federal Pell Grants applied.
- Participant in Tribal Specific Programs, such as Head Start, Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- In the school years 2019–2020 and 2020–2021, students are eligible for free or reduced-price academic meal programs.
- Income and financial decrease as a result of unemployment and industrial layoffs AND with a total income of $99,000 or less for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
RESTRICTION FOR EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM
The Tracfone Emergency Broadband Benefit Program contains several restrictions that must be strictly adhered to by the customer in order to avoid termination and legal issues. They are as follows:
- Only one person per household
- Members of tribal-specific programs in selected states
- People who are members of various low-income COVID-19 relief programs, as well as government programs such as SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, or the Veterans and Survivors program, are eligible for COVID-19 relief.
- With a total household income of 135 percent or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Receives free or reduced-price school meals from 2019 to 2020 and 2020 to 2021.
CAN THE LIFELINE BENEFICIARIES APPLY FOR THE EBB PROGRAM?
If you are a Lifeline beneficiary, there are no restrictions on applying for the EBB program. You can, in fact, apply for the EBB program while continuing to use the two services.
Lifeline is more comprehensive than the EBB program because it provides you with a free government phone and discounted plans. The EBB is only available for broadband service. When the EBB program expires, Lifeline beneficiaries will continue to receive Lifeline services as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
WHEN WILL THE EBB PROGRAM END?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary service, which means it will come to an end. However, the precise date is unknown. The service will end six months after the end of Covid’19 or when the funds allocated for the program are depleted, according to the service provision guidelines. As a result, whichever comes first will be the end of the EBB program.
When the timer expires, your service provider will notify you via phone or email. As a TracFone customer, you may continue with the plan you subscribed to for the EBB, but you will have to pay the full cost of the plan this time.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES CAN I GET FROM TRACFONE?
TracFone offers a variety of services, including no-contract cell phone plans and phones. TracFone Wireless has the following plans available.
1. Monthly Plans
You can choose from a variety of monthly plans that include unlimited talk and text as well as a set amount of data. If you have unused data at the end of the month, you can simply roll it over to the next month. You must, however, keep your monthly service active. The plans are only available if you have a smartphone. Among them are the following.
- 1GB: $20
- 2GB: $25
- 3GB: $30
2) Pay AS You Go Plans
These plans include a prepaid airtime card with 30 to 1500 minutes and a data card with 300 MB to 2 GB for web browsing.
WHAT PHONES DOES TRACFONE HAVE?
TracFone sells a variety of phones online and in their stores, and you can order them to be delivered to your home. Furthermore, you can purchase a variety of TracFone compatible phones and use them with TracFone for your communication needs. The following are some of TracFone’s phone options.
- Tracfone LG Journey, 32GB
- Samsung Galaxy A21s
- Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A01
- Tracfone Samsung Galaxy A10E
- Tracfone Motorola e6
- Tracfone Motorola Moto G7 Optimo MAXX
CAN TWO OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS AVAIL OF THE EBB?
No, there is a strict ONE PER HOUSEHOLD policy for the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. This means that only one family member is eligible for the FCC-managed service’s benefits.
There are, however, some exceptions. This includes situations in which two families live in the same location, such as condo units, compounds, and apartment complexes. You can take advantage of EBB discounts and promotions if you can show proof of belonging to different families while living at the same address.
CONCLUSION on TracFone Emergency Broadband Benefit
Tracfone Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator in the United States (MVNOs). The carrier is supported by major telecommunications companies including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
When you submit your application, you will be able to join the carrier online. When you join, you can earn rewards from the company by completing a variety of simple tasks. TracFone is a provider of the Emergency Broadband Benefit, for which you can apply online.
FAQs on TracFone Lifeline Emergency Benefit
Does ebb work with TracFone?
Eligible Tracfone customers can now receive free monthly benefits through the EBB program while keeping their device and number, allowing you to stay in touch with loved ones and participate in Zoom meetings.
What is TracFone Lifeline?
TracFone is a major provider of the federal Lifeline program, which assists low-income Americans in affording cell phone service. Many Americans rely on this service to stay connected, and Verizon is committed to keeping TracFone in the program and serving these customers.
Is Tracfone being discontinued?
Tracfones, flip phones, Jitterbugs, and other older 3G models will be phased out as early as January 2022. According to Van Buren Township police, those 3G devices will not only be rendered inoperable, but they will also be unable to call or dial 9-1-1.