How To Unlock Total Wireless Phone? The total wireless network provider is a mobile virtual network operator in the United States that provides mobile phone plans and deals as well as home internet services. The company manufactures a variety of cell phone brands, ranging from iOS to Android-powered devices. Some total wireless customers may wish to switch to a different carrier.
As a result, they may desire to unlock the entire wireless phone mobile phones in order to be compatible with other network providers. Unlocking a mobile phone is a simple process that only requires the assistance of the customer service provider of the previous carrier service.
The majority of mobile phone network providers allow their customers to unlock their phones via online procedures. The procedure will be discussed further down the road.
Before discussing how to unlock a total wireless mobile phone, it is important to note the company’s services, which include cell phone hotspots, text, data, and talk plans, market mobile phone deals, and many more.
The article also discusses some programs that assist low-income people in obtaining affordable mobile phone services.
IS MY PHONE ALREADY UNLOCKED?
Surprisingly, your phone may already be unlocked without your knowledge in many cases. To avoid wasting your time, we’ll start by showing you how to check the status of your phone.
So, if you have any doubts about your Total Wireless Phone, simply follow the steps below.
- First and foremost, you must turn off your phone.
- After that, you’ll need to remove the SIM card you’re currently using.
- Insert a SIM card from any other carrier.
- Turn the phone back on. The name of the new carrier’s SIM card should appear on your screen.
- Finally, try calling any number from this new SIM card.
And that’s the end of it! If you are able to make the call without any problems, this indicates that the phone is indeed unlocked.
If, on the other hand, the call does not go through and the SIM is active (can normally make calls, etc.), this indicates that your phone is locked. In some cases, your phone will even inform you that it is locked to your current carrier at this point.
So, if your phone is indeed locked, the following section is intended to assist you in unlocking it without having to pay someone to do it for you.
WHAT NETWORK DO TOTAL WIRELESS PHONE USE?
Total Wireless relies on other large network providers to provide its services because it is a mobile virtual network operator. The company relies on Verizon towers to meet the needs of its customers.
Every day, mobile network technology advances. Most network providers used the CDMA network to provide their services, but GSM network technology advanced over time. So, what exactly are these two network technologies?
Code-division multiple access (CDMA) is a second and third generation network telecommunication technology that allows multiple signals to occupy a single transmission channel, thereby optimizing available network bandwidth.
Global System for Mobile (GSM), on the other hand, is a standard network technology that provides the protocols used by second-generation mobile phones. Because this network technology is robust, it can provide comprehensive network coverage.
Verizon is one of the companies that sells phones that support both network technologies. As a result, because Total Wireless is owned by Verizon Wireless, we have Total Wireless GSM or CDMA network technology. This means that a large number of phones on the market today are compatible with the total wireless network provider.
Alternative Video: How To Unlock Total Wireless Phone?
- How To Unlock Boost Mobile Phone? See More
- How To Unlock a MetroPCS Phone? (Easy Steps!)
- Read: How To Unlock Straight Talk iPhone? (4 Easy Method To Try)
PREREQUISITES FOR UNLOCKING ALL WIRELESS PHONES
- The locked phone must have been activated for at least 12 months with Total Wireless services. In addition, the phone must have redeemed air time cards in the last 12 months. The customer’s phone number should not have been recycled previously.
- While their service is active, customers should look for a temporary unlocking solution. You have 60 days after the expiration of the activated service days to request unlocking solutions. Even if the phone number was recycled, the 60-day grace period usually applies.
- The handset in the customer’s possession must be in good working order.
- Customers must have a phone that has not been reported stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
- The customer’s handset must be from the Total Wireless/Tracfone brand and must have been launched on Total Wireless’s service after February 11th, 2014. It will also be able to activate with Total Wireless’ service after February 11th, 2015.
HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY TOTAL WIRELESS PHONE?
Total Wireless phone deals and plans are available from the company. Total Wireless provides unlimited texting, calling, and data, as well as mobile hotspots, no-contract plans, and emergency benefit programs.
Because the company sells a wide range of locked mobile phones, it will be necessary to unlock the phone before switching carriers. So, what exactly is a locked phone? It is the phone that is bound to a particular provider.
This demonstrates that total wireless locked phones can only connect to total wireless network providers. If the phone is unlocked, it will accept any SIM card from any carrier.
When it comes to unlocking total wireless phones, some unlock policies and protocols must be followed in general. These policies are as follows:
- The customer must have used the total wireless cell phone for at least 12 months, have recycled or ported their phone number, and have redeemed airtime cards in at least 12 months.
- Customers must request their interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within the first 60 days after the active service expires.
- Customers must have a complete wireless network.
- Customers must have handsets that are in working order.
- They should have phones that are not suspected of being tampered with.
- Every 12 months, customers can unlock their phones.
- Customers must request that their cell phones be unlocked.
If the customer meets the above criteria, they can now unlock the entire wireless phone. This simple procedure is as follows:
- Check to see if you are eligible for the conditions. This can be done by going to www. tfwulock.com, entering your serial number, and then pressing the “Eligibility” button.
- If you are eligible, call total wireless support at 1-866-663-3633 between 8 a.m. and 11:45 p.m. to request a mobile phone unlock.
- You will be given an unlocking code. The phone is programmed with the code, and the instructions are followed.
WHICH HOTSPOT PLANS MAKE TOTAL WIRELESS?
Total mobile, a network provider, offers cell phone deals and plans as well. These plans are appropriate for both domestic and international use. The price of the entire wireless network provider plan is primarily determined by the number of lines used by the customer.
Many lines imply that you will have to pay more, but the services will improve. In addition to the plans mentioned above, Total Wireless Mobile offers one of the best mobile hotspot plans to customers. Prepaid Total wireless hotspots plans are available from the company.
A prepaid Moxee mobile hotspot digital device provides these plans. The device can provide a 256GB cell phone hotspot. The customer will have access to a diverse range of mobile hotspots, including:
1. $33.20/mo Plan
- This is a single line plan
- It comes with 5GB of mobile hotspot
2. $47.50/mo Plan
- It is also a single line plan
- Provides 25GB of the total mobile hotspot and up to 10GB per line
3. $57.0/mo Plan
- This is a family plan
- Offers 30GB of mobile hotspot
- Allows up to 10GB per line
4. 80/mo Plan
- This is also a good family plan
- It comes with 60GB of mobile data
- Allows up to 10GB per line
5. $95/mo Plan
- It is the best family plan
- It comes with 100GB of cell phone hotspot
- Allows up to 10GB per line
DO TOTAL WIRELESS PROVIDE THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program is a federal government benefit program run by the Federal Communication Commission to assist households and families who are having difficulty accessing good cell phone internet services, particularly during the Covid 19 pandemic.
Through the comprehensive total wireless ebb program, qualified customers receive free monthly benefits. This program’s application was completed online through total wireless. The following is the online application procedure:
- Check out the total wireless website.
- Enter your information, including your full names, ZIP code, and official email address.
- Choose “I have a phone number that I want to use with EBB.”
- If you don’t have the number, choose “I need a new number for EBB.”
It is important to note that a customer will not receive any EBB program services until their eligibility has been verified.
As a result, before beginning the application process, make certain that you are eligible for the program. To be eligible for this program, a household or family must meet the following criteria.
- The family is eligible to participate in the Lifeline program.
- Is eligible to participate in the lunch program, which is both accessible and standardized in terms of price.
- Since February 29, 2020, during covid 19, household income has decreased. This loss, however, should be documented on paper through furlough or layout notices, applications for unemployment insurance benefits, and a variety of other similar documents.
- In the current award year, the household has received a federal Pell grant.
- Is eligible for all total wireless or any other service provider that offers the EBB program criteria.
However, the EBB program was replaced by the Affordable Connectivity Program on March 1, 2022, because it was created in response to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. The EBB program will end only when the program funds are depleted or six months after the pandemic has ended.
CONCLUSION Unlock Total Wireless Phone
Total Wireless is a virtual network provider that provides the best mobile phone services to its customers. The company provides services ranging from unlimited texting, calling, and data to mobile hotspots.
It is operated by Verizon Wireless and thus makes use of GSM and CDMA network technology. As a result, the company has a large number of compatible mobile phones on the market today.
FAQs Total Wireless phones unlocked
Can you unlock a Total Wireless phone?
Because it was branded by the manufacturer, your device cannot be unlocked. This means that you can only use your device with one brand.
How long do Total Wireless phones remain locked?
iPhone devices will be automatically unlocked after 60 days of paid service for devices activated on or after November 23, 2021, and Android phones will be eligible for unlocking after at least 60 days, with an unlock code provided upon request.
Can Total Wireless phones be used on other networks?
GSM networks are supported by all unlocked phones. Universal unlocked phones, on the other hand, are interchangeable with all major US carriers, including those that use SIM cards. To work with Total Wireless, you must have an unlocked CDMA phone.