Terracom Wireless was founded to assist low-income people in getting connected. They believe that everyone deserves a cell phone and the ability to stay connected in this modern age, where being connected opens up a world of possibilities.
Not to mention that it allows people to stay in touch with friends and family and can make a huge difference in an emergency.
Terracom Wireless has its own Lifeline program that provides free plans and phones to those who qualify. In this section, we will go over everything you need to know to decide if Terracom Wireless is the right wireless provider for you.
HOW TO GET TERRACOM WIRELESS GOVERNMENT FREE PHONE?
The Lifeline Assistance program is a government-sponsored program that provides a $9.25 monthly discount on telecommunication services to low-income households and those who have a family member who is enrolled in a government-sponsored program. Terracom Wireless provides an even more generous Lifeline program.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR TERRACOM WIRELESS GOVERNMENT PHONE (LIFELINE PROGRAM)
In order to have a chance of getting a free government phone from Terracom Wireless, you must standard quality requirements for the Lifeline program:
1. Household’s income is 135% or lower than the federal poverty guidelines.
2. A household member participates in one of the following government assistance programs:
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (SNAP)
- Earned Income Supplement (SSI)
- Federal Government Assistance for Public Housing
- Pension and Survivor Benefit Programs for Veterans
- Tribal Lifeline (additional benefits) programs include: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), and Head Start.
WHAT DOCUMENT NEEDED FOR TERRACOM WIRELESS LIFELINE PROGRAM
Terracom Wireless Lifeline Program follows standard Lifeline Assistance requirements. To apply you will need to provide the information and documents listed below.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- Identity proof (ID card, driver’s license, or similar; here is a full list of ID document that may work: https://www.lifelinesupport.org/how-to-get-lifeline/prove-my-identity/)
A certificate or award letter proving participation (if applying based on participation in government assistance program)
Proof of income: a pay stub or tax return demonstrating that your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty line (if applying based on a low income).
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TERRACOM WIRELESS FREE PHONE?
There are several ways to apply; by far the simplest and quickest is to do so online. To apply online, go to https://www.terracomwireless.com/ and click the “START APPLICATION” button in the top-right corner of the page.
On the following page, enter your zip code and click ‘GO.’ Then follow the on-screen instructions and complete the form.
Another option is to apply through the mail. In this case, you can send your completed application, along with all necessary documentation, to either the Terracom Wireless headquarters (preferred) or one of their local dealers.
If you prefer to apply in person, bring all required documentation to one of Terracom Wireless’s local dealers/representatives.
TERRACOM WIRELESS PLANS
In certain states, Terracom Wireless offers specific variations of the Lifeline programs. Qualified customers in most of the states where Terracom Wireless operates can choose between a voice base plan and a broadband base plan.
They also have a single non-Lifeline plan available. All of the information is provided below.
Terracon Wireless is available in 21 different states (Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin).
TERRACOM WIRELESS LIFELINE FREE PLANS
Oklahoma & Washington Terracom Wireless Lifeline Plan:
1. Tribal Lifeline:
- Tribal Voice Base Plan 2000 MOU: This plan includes 2000 free voice minutes and unlimited texts per month. Minutes that are not used do not roll over.
- Tribal Broadband Base Plan 2000 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 2000 voice minutes of local calling, unlimited texts, and 3GB of data at no additional cost each month.
2. Non-Tribal Lifeline:
- 1000 MOU Voice Base Plan: This plan includes 1000 minutes and unlimited texts.
- 500 MOU and 3GB Broadband Base Plan: This plan includes 500 voice minutes, an unlimited number of texts, and 3GB of data.
3. Kansas Terracom Wireless Lifeline plan:
- KS Voice Base Plan 1840 MOU: This plan includes 1840 voice minutes as well as unlimited text messaging for free each month. Minutes that are not used do not roll over.
- KS Broadband Base Plan 920 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 920 voice minutes, unlimited texting, and 3GB of data each month for free. Minutes and data that have not been used do not roll over. This plan is only available to subscribers who have handsets that support data.
4. NEBRASKA Terracom Wireless Lifeline plan:
- NE VoiceBase Plan 1350 MOU: This plan includes 1350 voice minutes as well as unlimited text messaging for free each month. Minutes that are not used do not roll over.
- 690 MOU and 3GB NE Broadband Base Plan: This plan includes 690 voice minutes, unlimited text, and 3GB of data for free each month. Minutes and data that have not been used do not roll over. Subscribers with data-capable handsets are the only ones who can use this plan.
5. All Other States (from the list above):
- 1000 MOU Voice Base Plan: This plan includes 1000 minutes and unlimited texts. Minutes that are not used do not roll over.
- 500 MOU and 3GB Broadband Base Plan: This plan includes 500 voice minutes, an unlimited number of texts, and 3GB of data. Minutes and data that have not been used do not roll over. Subscribers with data-capable handsets are the only ones who can use this plan.
6. Non-lifeline Plan
Terracom Wireless’ ‘My Unlimited Talk and Text Non-Lifeline Plan’ provides unlimited monthly voice minutes for $39.99 plus fees and taxes per month.
With an unlimited talk plan, text messaging will not be available. With this plan, there are no rollover minutes. Unused minutes will expire on the service expiration date each month.
WHAT TYPE OF FREE PHONES OFFERS TERRACOM WIRELESS?
All Lifeline providers that provide free cell phones follow the same rule: they do not specify which phones they are providing for free. Terracom is no different.
Customers can, however, expect to receive an entry-level smartphone that is more than capable of meeting all basic needs. However, it is not a phone that will allow users to perform advanced multitasking, play the latest games, or take professional-quality photos.
TERRACOM WIRELESS PHONES
Terracom Wireless is one of the few Lifeline wireless providers that explicitly states that it provides a FREE SMARTPHONE; we did our best to determine what kind of phone you should expect, but Terracom Wireless does not.
Terracom, like all other wireless providers that offer Lifeline plans, does not allow you to select a device. The phone will be chosen by Terracom based on its current availability.
You can anticipate an entry-level smartphone. You can call them at 1-888-716-8880 to find out which phone you are most likely to receive.
HOW DO I ACTIVATE TERRACOM WIRELESS FREE PHONE?
Terracom activation is extremely simple. All you have to do is make a phone call. You choose a language and then follow the instructions. Your phone is now operational. If this does not work, you must contact their customer service at 1-888-716-8880.
IF I DON’T QUALIFY FOR TERRACOM WIRELESS FREE PHONE, CAN I GET A FREE PHONE FROM OTHER COMPANIES?
If you do not qualify for Terracom Wireless, you most likely do not qualify for Lifeline support. Furthermore, if you do not qualify for Lifeline assistance, you will not be able to obtain free phones.
Neither Terracom nor any other Lifeline provider can provide this service. Lifeline and free government phones go hand in hand.
If you are accepted into the Lifeline support program and are offered a free Lifeline plan by Terracom but do not receive a free phone, you may bring your existing phone or borrow one from friends or family.
WHAT PHONES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH TERRACOM WIRELESS?
Terracom Wireless, as previously stated, allows you to bring your own phone (BYOP) and use it with their services. However, in order for that to work, you must first ensure that the phone you intend to use is compatible with their network.
Fortunately, the compatibility check is straightforward. All you have to do is go to their official website and select the ‘Bring Your Own Device’ option in the menu bar. On the following page, you will find detailed instructions on how to check the compatibility.
As a general rule, unlocked phones have a high likelihood of being compatible with Terracom services. And, because both CDMA and GSM use SIM cards these days, you don’t have to worry about that.
WHAT TO DO IF TERRACOM WIRELESS PHONE GETS DAMAGED, STOLEN, BROKEN, OR LOST?
1. Stolen from your Mailbox
Terracom Wireless states that they are not liable for wireless phones that are not delivered, are lost, or are stolen after they have been delivered to your mailbox. After enrolling for service, you must be prepared to receive the package containing your handset 5 days later.
2. Phone that has been damaged, stolen, or lost
Terracom Wireless is in charge of the above-mentioned mother. They do offer you the option of purchasing a refurbished replacement device for $20 or selecting any of our upgraded devices at their current retail price.
If you participate in certain special partnership programs, you may be eligible for a free refurbished replacement device or the option to choose any of our upgraded devices at their current retail price. You can also buy a new replacement device for $20 that comes with a one-year warranty.
3. Terracom Warranty – Defects within the First Year
TerraCom and its vendors warrant the devices for ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by or distribution to the end-user against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines.
In general, if you live in any other state where Terracom Wireless provides free phones and plans, you have a choice between the Voice Base Plan, which includes 1,000 minutes and unlimited texts, and the Broadband Base Plan (500 minutes, unlimited texts & 4.5 GB data).
Given the foregoing, you can download the Terracom Wireless application from the company’s website or call the 1-888-716-8880 customer service number to begin the application process or ask any questions about the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is terracom located?
Terracom, Inc is a company that operates in the Business Support Services industry and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
FeelSafe Wireless is owned by who?
FeelSafe Wireless is a wireless Lifeline Assistance service provided by Airvoice Wireless. Feelsafe Wireless provides eligible customers with a FREE phone as well as a FREE monthly phone service.
Is Feelsafe Wireless a good product?
Feelsafe Wireless customers make the most of their free monthly wireless plans. Feelsafe Wireless customers stay connected by utilizing the nation’s most dependable network.