The Emergency Broadband Benefit program, also known as the EBB program, is the American Federal Government’s most recent subsidy program. This internet benefit program was announced by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in May 2021.
The goal of EBB is to provide low-income households with monthly moderate internet usage credits. These households will be chosen by the FCC’s neutral system, which oversees internet and telecommunications policy and effectiveness on behalf of the federal government.
The idea arose as a result of the pandemic shutdown, which has rendered millions of Americans jobless or income-less.
Because the emergency prevented people from leaving their homes, every American has relied on the internet rather than physical contact. As a result, the EBB program was created to assist low-income families in remaining connected to broadband internet so that they can participate in their livelihoods virtually.
ABOUT THE XFINITY EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT OR EBB PROGRAM
Every American family experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Covid-19 is eligible to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Despite the fact that it is an open program, only eligible families are eligible for this benefit.
In this case, a household must demonstrate that it is eligible for discounted internet by meeting any of the FCC criteria. Families who meet any of the FCC’s eligibility requirements will receive a $50 discount on their monthly internet plan.
The discount amount is $75 per month for households living on tribal lands. It also offers credit to lease internet necessities like Xfinity internet modem rental.
Some providers also provide discounted devices, such as free laptops, desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets. All you need to do is gather the necessary documentation to prove your eligibility, open an Xfinity account, and complete the enrollment process.
The National Verifier will first collect information from you. You will be required to prove your identity as a US citizen as well as your eligibility based on your income situation. This process is carried out by the USAC (Universal Administrative Service Association) via the National Verifier website.
Your eligibility for this program is determined by your income and participation in government assistance programs. If you or anyone in your household is eligible for the Lifeline benefit, you are automatically eligible for Xfinity EBB and do not need to go through the National Verifier process.
Keep in mind that the Xfinity EBB program is only temporary and will only last until the emergency is over.
ALL ABOUT XFINITY
Xfinity is a well-known telecommunications company in the United States that provides customers with cable TV, internet, telephone, and other wireless services. Comcast Corporation is the parent company that operates under the Xfinity brand for telecommunications services.
In 2010, Comcast Cable Communications launched Xfinity. It provides a large amount of entertainment with the service so that customers can access it immediately. Xfinity’s strength is America’s largest and most reliable 5G internet, with millions of Wi-Fi hotspots delivering a faster wireless experience to its users.
Xfinity has some exclusive features to keep its customers ahead of the competition in terms of connectivity and entertainment. XFi, Xfinity Home, Xfinity Voice, Xfinity Flex, X1, and Xfinity Stream are some of its fantastic solutions.
Alternative Video: How To Apply For The Emergency Broadband Benefit?
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE XFINITY EBB PROGRAM?
It is simple to apply for the Xfinity emergency broadband benefit. You can apply online through the Federal Communications Commission and select Xfinity as your service provider.
You can also go straight to the emergency broadband provider and complete the application process. During the application process, you will need to locate the nearest service provider and select an eligible plan.
You can also call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, or print a copy and send it along with copies of documents proving your qualifications to:
- Emergency Broadband Support Center
- P.O. Box 7081
- London, KY 40742
Once you qualify, you must contact Xfinity and choose an Emergency Broadband Benefit eligible service plan. Xfinity EBB application involves various steps, which include the following.
- Visit the National Verifier and follow the prompts to see if you qualify.
- Sign up for internet access. You can get low-cost, high-speed Internet at home for as little as $9.95 per month, tax included. There is no credit check, no contract, and no cancellation fees with this plan, and you can get fast connections up to 50 Mbps.
- Utilize your bill credit. You should fill out the application to enroll in the Xfinity EBB benefit after successfully applying for the eligibility form, confirming your qualification, and connecting to internet services. Within 48 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a status update.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR XFINITY EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT OR EBB PROGRAM
Customers with Internet Essential are automatically eligible for EBB, but they must complete the enrollment process. Aside from that, Lifeline recipients are automatically considered eligible and do not need to go through the National Verifier process.
Some qualifying criteria are discussed further below:
Program of Federal Government Assistance:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- SSI is an abbreviation for Special Services International (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal Government Assistance for Public Housing
- Fund for Survivors of Veterans
- Tribal programs for residents who live on Qualifying Tribal lands.
There are other criteria FCC set based on household income.
- The household’s income is less than 135 percent of the federal poverty line.
- If a household member receives or has received free and reduced-price school lunches or school breakfasts, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 school year.
- If a household member suffered a significant loss or was laid off on February 29, 2020. In 2020, the household income for a single filer should be less than $99,000 USD. Joint filers must have an income of less than 198,000 dollars.
- Recipient of a Federal Pell Grant for the current academic year.
Please keep in mind that you will be required to provide some information and documentation in support of your eligibility term. Furthermore, not all Xfinity Internet Service will qualify for the EBB credit.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR XFINITY EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT OR EBB PROGRAM
Here are some steps that you should follow to enroll in the emergency broadband program.
EBB Application Process For New Xfinity Customers
For new Xfinity Internet Customers
- New customers should use the National Verifier to determine their eligibility. If you are eligible after verification, go to www.xfinity.com and sign up.
- Enroll in the emergency broadband program plan if you receive confirmation from USAC that you have enrolled in Xfinity internet service. Use your Xfinity ID to access the application, which you must complete along with the consent.
- Make certain that the information you provide is correct (Name, address, etc.). The information you provided for the national verifier should correspond to the information on the Xfinity Emergency Broadband benefit enrollment form.
For new Internet Essentials Customers
- If you are a new Internet Essentials customer, go to www.internetessentials.com to apply for and activate the service.
- Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program plan after successfully completing the Internet Essential Service application procedure.
- Using your Xfinity ID, you can complete the consent and application process.
EBB APPLICATION PROCESS FOR EXISTING XFINITY CUSTOMERS
1. Existing Xfinity Internet Customers
- Existing Xfinity customers must also be eligible to participate in the EBB program.
- If you are eligible for the benefit, the national verifier system https://getemergencybroadband.org/ will confirm it. When everything is in order, you must register for the EBB program at the Xfinity website, xfinity.com. During the application process, you will be required to use your Xfinity ID as well as other documents.
- Fill out the same information on the Xfinity EBB enrollment form that you did on your National Verifier.
2, Exiting Internet Essentials Customers
- Existing internet essentials customers are currently automatically eligible. They are exempt from having to go through the National Verifier. Simply fill out the enrollment form at xfinity.com.
- Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program by completing the application process with your ID.
WHEN WILL THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT END?
There is no set end date for the emergency broadband benefit. However, once Covid’19 concludes, the program will be terminated six months later. Alternatively, the program will be terminated when the funds allocated for it are depleted.
Your service provider, in our case, Xfinity, will contact you via your mobile phone number or email address. Following that, you will have the option of continuing with your plan or discontinuing it. If you are a Lifeline recipient, you will continue to receive Lifeline services.
OTHER SERVICES OF XFINITY
Other services are available through Xfinity. You can select any mobile deal that is suitable for you. Xfinity constantly updates their deals and keeps their customers informed.
To receive upcoming Xfinity deals, provide them with your email address. You can choose from some exciting deals in the list below.
1. Save $300 When You Pre-order The iPhone 13 Pro
You can get $300 off your iPhone if you transfer your number to Xfinity as a new customer with a new line for activation within 30 days.
The credit will be issued to you within 24 months of your purchase. If you are an existing customer and want to upgrade or switch phones, you will receive a $300 Visa prepaid card.
2. Receive a Free Moto G Play
As a new customer, you have 30 days to transfer your number. The credits will be applied to the phone payment plan for a period of more than 24 months.
3. Get $25 When You Bring Your Phone To The Xfinity Network
You can save a lot of money by switching your phone. It will provide you with a $25 prepaid gift card. You will receive a SIM card and setup instructions at your home address. If you do not have to pay activation fees, you do not need to sign a contract.
You can obtain Xfinity service with the following advantages.
- Streaming and television
- Safety in the home
- Phone at home
Xfinity is a telecommunications company based in the United States. Since 2010, the name Xfinity has been a trading name for Comcast Cable Communications.
Xfinity provides the Emergency Broadband Benefit, a federal government assistance program administered by the Federal Communications Commission. Other services provided by the company include television. & Streaming, Home Security, Home Phone, and Mobile services are all available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Comcast have a hardship program?
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you connected, Xfinity is pleased to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible households with a monthly credit of up to $30 for Internet and mobile services.
Is the Xfinity broadband benefit legitimate?
“While there is a genuine government program to assist people in connecting during the pandemic, there is no cost to enroll,” the notice stated. “It’s all a ruse.”
What exactly is Xfinity’s assistance plan?
We created the Xfinity Assistance Plan. The Plan allows you to keep receiving Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services at a lower cost. The Plan also ensures that you do not accumulate large outstanding balances during this trying time.