How To Get Assurance Wireless Free Phone? (The Ultimate Guideline)
Assurance Wireless is a Virgin Mobile carrier that participates in a lifeline program that assists people all over the United States. The Lifeline Program was created to provide free Assurance wireless phones to people who are low-income, out of work, elderly, or disabled.
However, through this carrier’s free monthly cell phone services, such cell phones assist low-income families in staying connected. The Lifeline program provides eligible household members with free or reduced-cost landline telephone or cellphone service.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and several telephone or wireless companies that participate in the program, including Assurance Wireless, work together to carry out the program. Furthermore, the companies that participate offer discounted rates, with a minimum savings of $9.25 per month on your service.
Furthermore, the provision of this free phone does not occur arbitrarily. Some rules govern the process of obtaining free government phones, which are available if you meet certain criteria. Assurance Wireless provides a wide range of smartphones that work with its network plan.
You can look for different Assurance Wireless compatible phone models and select the features and specifications that are important to you.
WHY DO YOU CHOOSE ASSURANCE WIRELESS?
Assurance Wireless is as dependable and has excellent signal coverage as any other major mobile operator. The main reason you should be interested in their services is unquestionably a free Assurance Wireless phone.
Getting a free smartphone is a great reason to choose Assurance Wireless; however, there are other advantages that come with their high-quality services.
As a Lifeline Program participant, you receive free minutes, texts, and a set amount of data on a monthly basis, which varies by state. Furthermore, Assurance Wireless allows you to apply online, making the application process very simple.
They do, however, continue to provide the option of applying by standard mail or in person. I also like the simplicity of their top-up plans, which allow you to add credit online by logging into your account or by using PayPal or Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards, which are available in thousands of stores across the United States.
They also have an Unlimited International (Mexico and Canada) talk and text offer that you can select at a very low cost.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY FOR ASSURANCE WIRELESS FREE PHONE?
Even if you work and your income is below the federal poverty level, you may be eligible for a government phone. Participation in government-aided programs and income levels determine eligibility for this offer.
If your total household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty line, you are eligible for the free phone. On the other hand, the following are some of the programs that are eligible;
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Earned Income Supplement (SSI)
- Pension Benefit Program for Veterans and Survivors
- Federal Government Assistance for Public Housing
- 8th section
- Intervention in a Crisis
- Energy from Low-Income Sources
- National Day of Free Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Low-Income Families (TANF)
- How Do I Activate Simple Mobile SIM and Phone? (3 Easy Steps)
- How To Unlock Straight Talk iPhone? Read Here
- How To Get Terracom Wireless Free Phone and Plans? (Detailed Guide)
HOW DO YOU APPLY FOR AN ASSURANCE WIRELESS FREE PHONE?
If you qualify for a free cell phone, Assurance Wireless will not charge you any connection fees, annual contracts, deposits, or monthly service fees. You must, however, comply with the annual certification requirement for continued service.
To enroll in Assurance Wireless free smartphones, go to the company’s website and download an application form, or call 1-888-321-5880 to request an application be mailed to you.
Furthermore, your application must include all required documentation, such as proof of income or certification of participation in any government-aided program. If you are approved, you will be notified via email or regular mail by Assurance Wireless.
WHAT DOCUMENTATION DO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR LIFELINE?
If you are certain that you are eligible for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, you must provide documentation such as:
- Proof of income can be provided by submitting recent payroll stubs, a letter from social services, or a w-2 statement.
- Evidence of program participation
- Number of Social Security
- Divorce or child support paperwork
- Your most recent federal or state tax return
WHAT OFFERS DO YOU GET WITH ASSURANCE WIRELESS?
If you are approved for a free government phone through Assurance Wireless, you will receive a free talk, text, and data plan as well as a free smartphone, 1000 voice minutes, unlimited talk and text, 50 MB, and 2 GB Broadband monthly.
Airtime and text messaging can be purchased for as little as $5 per month. Assurance also includes low-cost unlimited and pay-as-you-go plans. Tracfone any-time Top-Up cards can also be purchased from a variety of retail locations across the country or online using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal.
1. Adds on Benefits
- Voicemail, Call Waiting, and Caller ID are all options.
- Mobile Hotspot Access (free)
- 911 Access in an Emergency
- 211 calling is unrestricted.
- Calling customer service is completely free.
- International calls to over 200 countries are inexpensive.
- Keep your current phone number.
2. California Customers Gets;
- A free Wi-Fi-enabled Android smartphone
- 3G Data at High Speed
- There are no restrictions on the number of free voice minutes or texts that can be sent.
- Monthly data allowance of 500 Mb
3. Assurance Wireless Coverage
- Assurance currently operates in over 40 states in the United States. Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode district of Columbia, Missouri, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, and Tennessee are among them.
HOW DO YOU UPGRADE ASSURANCE WIRELESS PHONE?
If you are currently using an Assurance Wireless phone and want to upgrade to a better model, you cannot do so by switching to a different Assurance smartphone. In this case, you can select from a variety of Assurance Wireless phones.
If you buy this new phone, the warranty is provided by the phone manufacturer, not by Assurance Wireless. In some cases, you may have a problem with your device that is not covered by the warranty.
For example, an Assurance Wireless lost phone can request an upgrade. If you need an Assurance Wireless phone upgrade, the first thing you should do is visit their website. Then, go to “My Account” and check out the upgrade procedure.
You can also upgrade your free government phone. Many of the free phones provided by Assurance Wireless and the federal government are basic phones. You can, however, upgrade to a new device or purchase pre-owned models.
Samsung, ZTE, Kyocera, and Alcatel are among the companies that produce phones that are compatible with the Assurance Wireless network.
ASSURANCE WIRELESS REPLACEMENT POLICY
The Lifeline Assistance Program provides eligible Assurance Wireless customers with free phones. Furthermore, it provides a cost-effective service plan. There is no standard replacement policy for Lifeline phones if your issued phone is stolen or lost.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to get a replacement phone for free or for a small fee. In most cases, the original phone manufacturer provides a one-year warranty with the Assurance Wireless phone.
So, if your Assurance Wireless phone malfunctions during the first year, you can contact Customer Care for a replacement device.
Assurance Wireless does not replace lost or stolen phones for free, and you may be required to purchase a compatible phone from this provider or other stores.
Before you request a replacement, make sure your phone isn’t misplaced anywhere in your house. If you are certain that your device has been lost or stolen, you must follow the steps outlined below to obtain a replacement:
1. Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Care
You can call this company’s customer support team at 1- 888-321-5880 or email [email protected].
2. Report your lost or stolen phone
To put your account on hold, you must report. This ensures that no one else is using your Assurance Wireless service. If you do not file a report, you will be held liable for any charges incurred as a result of the loss of your device.
3. Apply for a replacement phone
The next step is to follow the instructions to apply for a replacement phone. You will get requested for 10 digits of your Assurance Wireless number.
4. Choose a new phone
Choose a replacement phone that meets your requirements. Assurance Wireless offers a wide range of options based on your budget. In most cases, Assurance Wireless will charge you a $20 replacement fee.
Remember that you may or may not be eligible for a free Assurance Wireless replacement phone. As a result, you must contact the company’s Customer Service to see if you qualify. The most important thing is that you will have 45 days to activate a new phone or notify Assurance Wireless that you have received your phone.
Otherwise, your Assurance Wireless account will be deactivated, and any remaining balance will be forfeited. Depending on the replacement offer, you may be able to obtain a replacement phone at a low or no cost.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR ASSURANCE WIRELESS REPLACEMENT PHONE?
After getting your new phone, you need to activate it to the Assurance Wireless service. Below are the steps to activate the Assurance Wireless replacement cell phone.
- By pressing the power button, you can turn on your phone.
- To connect your phone to the Assurance Wireless network, enable hands-free activation.
- Allow the phone to confirm any updates (then the phone will go off).
- After you turn your phone back on, you’ll need to customize it. You can skip the setup screens and go straight to Step 3.
- Dial 611 and follow the prompts.
- If prompted, enter your Assurance Wireless Account PIN. It’s at the top of your Assurance Wireless approval letter.
- Following the completion of device activation and updates, your phone number and account balance are transferred to the replacement phone.
You can contact customer service at 1-888-321-5880 if you encounter any challenges during the activation process.
Under the Virgin Mobile umbrella, Assurance Wireless is the second-largest provider of free cell service in the United States. You can get a free cell phone with up to 1000 monthly minutes and unlimited texting if you are an Assurance customer.
If you are a lifeline participant looking for the best Wireless provider, you can choose Assurance Wireless and take advantage of free phones and services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What phone company does Assurance Wireless use?
On the Assurance Wireless Unlimited plan, you get unlimited data, unlimited texting, unlimited calling, and a free 10GB monthly mobile hotspot data, all while using T-nationwide Mobile’s network.
What is the procedure for obtaining a new Assurance Wireless phone?
The original equipment manufacturer provides a one-year warranty on your Assurance Wireless phone. If your equipment fails, please contact us at 1-888-321-5880 and we will arrange for a replacement mobile phone.
Does Assurance Wireless have phones?
Depending on availability, Assurance Wireless provides qualifying customers with a variety of free phones, including free AndroidTM smartphones. Find your phone here to see all of its features and capabilities!